Saturday 16 February 2013

Mission Act 1:8 ~ Day 5

This day my wife Tammy and grandson Cee-Jay joined me upon the streets of the Hayfields suburb, cross-walking and distributing of Gospel tracts.
 
In overcast weather – with rain later – we placed tracts at 111 homes and one of those homes belonged to Lester, a Jehovah Witness, who had just arrived home as we passed-by his residence – in the providence of God’s timing – as I offered him a tract personally which he took (members of the Brooklyn Watchtower Society normally do not accept tracts!) and then he proceeded to ask what Church we belonged to, and saying we are doing just the work as the Jehovah Witnesses do, even going as far as to give me ‘JW Statistics’ trying to convert me because of my zeal, to join their cause! This was never going to happen since they teach another ‘jesus’ – one that is not God Almighty! By the grace of God, I was able to spend time reading from the Scriptures and pointing him to the Truth and fact that Jesus Christ is both the Son of God and God Himself and that Jesus Christ could also never be an angel, the archangel Michael! The Scriptures which were referred to in proving Jesus Christ IS God were the following:
 
1 John 5:7; Hebrews 1:4-14; John 1:1, 14 also cross referencing this with Exodus 20:3 – therefore God could not have His Son the logos (Word) be ‘a god’ as it would violate God’s very own First Commandment; 1 Timothy 3:16; John 10:31-36, 20:28, et al.
1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Heb 1:4 Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Heb 1:5 For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?
Heb 1:6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
Heb 1:7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.
Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Heb 1:9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:
Heb 1:11 They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;
Heb 1:12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
Heb 1:13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?
Heb 1:14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

John 10:31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
John 10:32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?
John 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.
John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
John 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.
It was their usual NWT scriptures vs. KJB Scriptures – The True Word of God. Today I was also told that the cross (stauros – Strong’s #4716) which I was carrying is a pagan symbol – which I do agree with him, the cross from the times of Jesus was of pagan origin, for the Romans were pagan in their beliefs and it was ‘their’ system of using the pagan cross as a torture instrument, but it does not justify the JW’s stance that our Lord Jesus Christ was nailed to a torture stake – a pole without the cross beam! In fact the stake – and in many cases a tree – was awaiting the person to be crucified (stauroo – Strong’s #4717 from #4716) thereon, and the person had to bear his crosspiece (beam) to the place of punishment as was in the case when Simon of Cyrene was compelled to carry Jesus’ cross for Him (Matthew 27:32; Mark 15:21; Luke 23:26; John 19:17).
 
I was also advised by Lester that the JW’s always used to use the King James Bible and they, the Brooklyn Watchtower Society had “ownership and printing rights” of the KJB until they had put together their NWT bible. I pointed out that the KJB is not copyrighted nor patented and therefore they could not have had any “ownership and printing rights”. It was also interesting that for 3oo odd-years the present-day 401 year old King James Bible was good enough to use until they had gotten their own NWT published! So what doctrine and teachings were they believing then? This shows how cults come about!
 
It was strange that when he said he must go he tried to hand me back the “Are You Ready?” Gospel tract. I refused to take it back as he had ‘ownership’ of it now, but he was caught in a situation – he said he would not read it, but he wasn’t prepared to destroy it when I prompted him to read it then do with it as he pleases, like throwing it away! If he doesn’t agree with the Gospel I am sharing then why the quandary Lester finds himself in? We will leave his conscience to God – do pray for this man that the True Jehovah, Jesus Christ will reveal the Only Truth to him! On leaving he also said something weird. He said bye and wished me “good luck” with sharing the Gospel. My retort was that I don’t believe in “luck” and neither does God! “Luck” is what people rely on when they gamble and do things in their own strength – I believe in the providence of God. Lester found it hard to say “go in the providence of God” and he fumbled around before saying “good luck” again. Makes you wonder whether the JW’s believe in luck, or maybe this man has an old quirk that needs to be corrected! Before I became a believer I too used words that were contrary to faith and belief. Now I test words – some people might call it pedantic – but many Christians today use words without examining what they mean when the words turn out to be derogatory!
 
Please also check out the photograph journal by clicking the photo hereunder and do join us in praying for the souls reached that they will come to repentance and faith in our great God Jesus Christ the Righteous. Day 5 ~ February 16, 2013 (Photos 74-86)
 
Mission Act 1.8 Statistics
 
SOLI DEO GLORIA!

No comments:

Post a Comment